Monday 18 February 2008

News!

Back at work today after a weeks skiing. Went to St Jean D'Aulp near Morzien and Avoriaz in teh northern French Alps. Great skiing conditionsand loads of runs to choose from. Sun shone all week so it was just about perfect - also pleased to come back with no injuries.

Also tried out the Wileys one day. Vision was good with the smoke elenses in bright sunshine and shade but they misted up every time I stopped. However, this happens when I cycle in sunglasses so I guess I'll just have to put up with that in the desert. My 'P20' look-a-like sunscreen also worked well in the Alpine sun, and hopefully I've now got a good 'base layer' tan for the desert!

So, only 8 miles running in the last two weeks but plenty of very useful cross training. Hopefully get a few short runs in during the week and two big runs at the weekend.

Been a busy time recnelty as I've been actively looking for a new job and was offered and accepted a position with the RSPB the week before going on holiday - yippeee!! Really pleased as I'll be fundraising for conservation projects which is something I've always been really interested in.

However, first I have to work 3 months notice, but will start my new job on May 1st.

No comments: