Saturday 3 November 2012

Day 64 - Bradford parkrun

Did Bradford parkrun this morning as they were looking for a guide to run with their visually impaired runner Helen.

I was a bit nervous as I'd never guided a runner before, but had been trained as a sighted guide for people with visual impairments when I worked for the RNIB.

Anyway, I needn't of worried. Helen told me what to do, we did a quick warm up/test run then joined everyone on the start line. Bradford, like Leeds, is three laps of the park and Lister Park was looking very autumnal. Helen ran a very even pace, bang on nine minute miling. The course is straight forward, the only 'dodgy' bits where we passed between some bollards, that and getting left and right mixed up! Otherwise it all went very smoothly.

We finished in 27 mins 45 secs, a bit off Helen's target of 27 mins, but she seemed pleased with that. And we came in 140th and 141st.

So, another three miles run, 342 in total, 301 days to go.

No comments: