Sunday 9 December 2007

Racing - Round Rotherham 50, Saturday 8 December

50 miles of wet, cold mud in less than glorious surroundings, but delighted to have finished in 9 hrs 47 mins and finished around 54th spot. Ran with Phil Robertson (see pictures of the race on his blog) and although slower than the 9 hour target we'd set, quite pleased with the run.

Click on the thumbnail below to see a short slide show of the day:

View this montage created at One True Media

Plus points from the race:
  • A 50 mile run completed!
  • Legs feel good today, no soreness and aches, but obviously tired...
  • Tested out the front pack I intend to use for MdS and it worked very well. Just need to find a way to reduce the bouncing.
  • The front pack seemed to make the back pack more stable.
  • Completes a 57 mile training week

Minus points;

  • Far too many 'sores' from this race.
  • Picked up a rub on my right ankle when the only one I could feel was my left (that is unmarked).
  • Some rubbing from the front pack but I think I can sort that.
  • A nasty sore on my back from the base of the back pack. This hasn't happened before and must be linked to the front pack. Also, I probably haven't 'run' so much in other races so there is less movement. Not sure how to sort this one.

2 comments:

Phil Robertson said...

Paul,

I also have a bad sore from the base of my backpack and will be applying large measures of vaseline before then next long outing!

Your legs are clearly more seasoned than mine as I can barely get up the stairs today!

weel done!

Phil

Paul said...

Thanks Phil, I asked about solutions to this on the MdS Forum and the answer seems to be shaving the affected area (if needed!) and then applying large swathes of tape!