Saturday 5 April 2008

Stage five, in his master's voice

42.2 km today, full marathon distance and a Personal Worst in 5 hrs 7 mins. Still, given it was 46 degres at CP3 and sandy, and I've just run 116 miles in the past 4 days, I'll settle for that. Only came 127th though, so there must be some excellent runners out here....I wait to see the overall standings. Today's start was good stoney running to CP 1, and I could still see the leaders going over the hill ahead. 2 climbs followed then sand.....I was on a 5hrs30 schedule though and was up on time the whole way. After CP3 we hit good stony running again so I put the foot down....pleased with the result. Also ran through a settlement today, so lots of palm trees, kids asking for water and gateaux and low mud brick buildings. In answer to email questions: it's definitely pod racing country, for anhsal read anakin, they both fly over sand. Sandcastles, haven't built one, but took a photo of a real live one today. Right, last email from the desert, hopefully back on text tomorrow, 11m to go.

No comments: