Friday 11 April 2008

Thank you!

Thank you to everyone who supported me while I was out in the desert, your emails were really appreciated. Thank you also to everyone who has been busy sponsoring me in the last two weeks, the grand total now stands at £2,761 and I'm keen to keep going and get the remaining £1,239 to make £4,000.

I will post a full race report in time, along with plenty of pictures of sand.....but in the meantime, here is a rather scary picture of me just across the finish line. I was trying to smile, but the emotion was rather getting to me.......

There are lots more fantastic (!) photos at junglemoon.co.uk

3 comments:

Phil Robertson said...

Looks nothing like you. I suggest that you haven't even been to the desert and have been lying low up Silver Mill Hill!!

Seriously - well done again. Think I might have to give this one a go. Recommend it?!

Paul said...

Yes, go for it! I really thought I was smiling in that photo, but clearly the tiredness and emotion had finally got to me!

Thansk for all your comments Phil, greatly appreciated. I had a really good race and almost feel a fruad for not having suffered...great race though and I'd love to do it again......one day!

Dan said...

Great going Paul, and thanks for your support for my marathon last week. I've read your blog for a while now, and find your running a real inspiration, and think the placing you got was amazing. You and a couple of the other guys I really look up to as part of my own training when I see the kind of performances you put in - so great work mate, very inspiring.