Saturday 22 December 2012

Day 113 - running on ice!

Half way up an Austrian hill in winter And running options are either up, or down and on ice! Ran a mix of icy/slushy pavements and skiing pistes. It was dark but a few people were skiing with head torches. Hard going uphill, even on piste and dodgy coming back down the road. Temperature was about 2 degrees C mid-afternoon but had dropped to frozing by the time I ventured out. About 4.30pm.

After my run I put on my Kathoola micro spikes for the first time just to try them out. They are amazing!! Not a slip over the sheet ice on the car park and the grip on the compacted piste was amazing. Looking forward to tomorrow's run already!

Ran for about 40 minutes today and covered about 3 miles, but I did ascend over 500 feet.

So, tally keeps rising, 113 days and 557 miles.

No comments: