Saturday 1 December 2012

Day 92 - month four, Bradford parkrun

Despite the dire warnings of wide spread ice Lister Park was hazard free today. There was ice on Silver Mill Hill but the new winter tyres coped with that without any trouble. I had offered to guide Helen again today but she had decided not to risk the conditions. Good move, although there was no ice to contend with the very low, bright sun would have reduced her vision to zero at the start.

My PB at Bradford is 19 mins dead, so that was my target, but given this lingering cold I wasn't sure how it would go. However, I had a good run, very consistent pace and moved from 11th place on lap one up to 8th at the finish thanks to two bursts of speed on the 'Teeny, Tiny Hill'.

Finishing time, 19 mins 18 secs.

So, total miles run now 477 as we embark on month four!

No comments: