Wednesday 3 October 2012

Day 33 - drenched / UltrAspire Surge backpack test run

Absolutely chucking it down this evening, water pouring off the hill and all those puddles filling up again. Still, if it says run on your schedule you run don't you? And at the moment, that means everyday!

With Sunday's Royal Parks Ultra only four sleeps away I thought I'd better test out the new UltrAspire Surge backpack (very speedy Likeys delivery of course).

I loaded the pockets with bits and pieces of rubbish (I wasn't actually going to need anything tonight), and put 500ml of water in the Hydrapack. Pockets on the front of the Surge are really good - room for: my crystallised ginger in one, frosties bars in another, camera in a third and possibly even a phone in a fourth (a small, old fashione dNokia, I don't own a smartphone.....). That still leaves the magnetic 'pill' pouch free which this evening I used for some coins so I could pop into Waitrose to but Emma the cloudy lemonade that she ordered (politely enquired if I 'd be able to....) me to buy.

On the back, the 500mls of water in the bladder, plus gillet. Still loads of room (and on my way home, room for a one litre bottle of cloudy lemonade that sat very comfortably and was stable in the backpack -you won' get much more shopping in it though).

So, how did it perform. Brilliantly! Incredibly stable, no movement what so ever (even with the cloudy lemonade) and all the front pockets were easily accessible.

Admittedly this was only a three mile run in the rain, but I have high hopes for this pack. We'll find out on Sunday.

33 days on the trot, 161 miles done.

No comments: