Sunday 14 October 2012

Day 44 - Coventry Half Marathon

Perfect day for running today with a cloudless blue sky and only the slightest breeze when we reached the highest part of  the route (once the ice was scrapped off the car).

Lots of positives out of today's run, here are a few:
  • Targeted 1:27 with the aim of beating last year's time. Finished in 1:27:13 and knocked over 2 minutes off my 2011 time. Woohoo!
  • Finished in 38th place and overtook the second placed woman in the last mile.
  • Felt stronger than I'd expected after zero speed work since June when I fractured my ribs during the West Highland Way race.
  • Also pleased that I'd recovered quickly after last Sunday's Royal Parks Ultra.
  • Ran a strong second half and even managed a negative split
  • This was my 30th half marathon and 15th fastest!
  • Marshall's were also very vocal this year, well done Coventry, and thanks to mum, dad, Sue and Sophie for coming out to support - much appreciated (Sophie, I hope your photos are better than grandma's.......).
So, 234 miles in, 321 days to go.

And here are some of Sophie's photos:

 
 

No comments: