Saturday 10 August 2013

Day 344 - parkrun

Leeds parkrun again this morning, 25th parkrun of the year. Standing on the line this morning were the old guard, me, Roy, James and Al, three of us in our black 100 shirts thinking we could run as a road block!

As we set off the usual split happened, Roy disappearing down the hill, James edging ahead of me and Al just behind. Felt a bit tired this morning (legs rather than arms this week), so didn't feel like pushing it and settled in to a comfortable pace. Ahead, I always had James and Roy in sight and close enough to think I could close that gap. 

It was a bit busy today, so a few near misses on the final lap and an unfortunate clash of elbows with a slower runner coming off the muddy bank, but by the last lap James was closing in on Roy and both were coming back to me. I caught Roy just before the final hill and James at the top of the hill. That meant buckling down to run flat out to the finish which I did without being caught and crossed the line in 18:40, which was a much faster time than I was expecting. It was only 21st place though, so a much quicker field than usual.

Pamela also ran today, breaking the 27 minute barrier, so is on track for a good Alice's Run on the 1st September.

Three more miles to the tally, 1,898 miles run. Tomorrow, the Hardmoors marathon from Saltburn by the Sea.

No comments: