Sunday 14 July 2013

Day 317 - RunSunday

Almost didn't do this run as I was enjoying a rare lie in, but as it starts only a mile and a half uphill from our house and doesn't start until 10.30 am it didn't really feel like I had an excuse.

So, quick breakfast and a 1.5 mile uphill run (just a wee 12.5% gradient) I was already dripping before the run started. It was quite warm.

So, thought I'd take it steady, which I did and soon settled into fifth place, some way off he next runner. But, RunSunday has a nice wee hill to climb and that's where I closed in on fourth place, over took soon after the top of the hill, then focussed on the third runner who, admittedly came back to me and by the bottom of the hill in the second and penultimate lap I was ahead.

Result, 3rd place in 20:02 and first Vet 45.

With the run there and back another six miles to the tally which now stands at 1,779.

No comments: