Sunday 28 July 2013

Day 329 - family run (Friday 26 July)

Late night today as we were off to the Anniversary Games in the Olympic Stadium. So, out early again for an 8 am run down to Bushy Park with Pamela and Emma (not many weeks until the Great North Run, so Emma needs to get some miles in!).

Should have been a routine, steady run but as we left the house I had strange pains in my right leg. Couldn't work out what the problem was. It felt like the pain was in my hip but I was struggling to get a full leg extension, my knee also could have been the cause of the obstruction.

Anyway, hobbled our way to the park and then, suddenly, my whole leg seemed to give way but on recovery all pain was gone. Once in the park I was then running as freely as ever. So not sure what happened, but possibly a trapped nerve?

Two more miles added to the tally taking the cumulative total to 1,821 miles.

We then set off for a day in town to see the Lowry exhibition at Tate Britain and then watched Usain Bolt destroy the field in the 100 metres. Cool!











No comments: