Saturday 16 March 2013

Day 197 - Highbury & Islington parkrun

Another parkrun tourist day after a night of beer and curry in London celebrating the first of many 50th birthday's this year.

H&I parkrun is five and a bit laps of Highbury Fields, all on Tarmac paths with on a slight hill.

Five and a bit laps turned out to be quite a lot and I was really hoping I'd miss-counted and be able to run into the finish funnel at the end of lap 'four'. Sadly I had counted correctly and had to go round once again.

Not a fast run today, again took it too steady early on for that, but happy to come in fifth overall and only headed by a bunch of youngsters! Which also meant I was first in my age category.

Pamela also achieved her target again, aiming not to come last she was never in danger of that and finished in 71st place in just outside 28 minutes.

Another 3 miles run which takes the tally to 1,085. South Yorkshire half marathon tomorrow.

No comments: