Thursday 28 March 2013

Day 209 - timed run

As part of the Marathon Talk spring motivation I signed up to a timed run this month. I chose the Bradford 10k predicting 39:30. Only that got cancelled because of the snow. So, with no road 10ks near by, and the run needing to be done by the end of March, I set out to do my own timed run.

I MapMyRunned a route out to Bramhope and back, not ideal as its uphill and with a few road crossings but, what I hadn't factored in is that the footpath is still covered in snow/ice/slush and, worse, in places there are still snow drifts!!

Anyway, I battled uphill into the wind, also battling the remnants of my cold, but felt good, also knowing that its downhill on the way back! Final time, 40:43. Not brilliant, but not bad.

With my warm up and warm down runs that was seven miles today taking the tally on the 365 challenge to 1,146.

No comments: