Wednesday 26 September 2012

Day 26 - Brooks Ghost 5

First run in my new road shoes, a pair of shiny red, white and blue Brooks Ghost 5. Felt really good and certainly different from my Asics.

I have been running in Asics 2160’s, a support shoe, but a gait analysis at Up & Running’s store in the centre of Leeds showed that I am now completely neutral. So I switched to 2170’s as a step towards zero motion control and, having enjoyed the Brooks Cascadias on the trail, thought I’d try them on the road. Will see how it goes.

Also tried on the Brooks PureFlow which also felt good, but thought two pairs of new running shoes was a bit excessive (though only a bit....).

4 miles today, up the Leeds Road to Old Pool Bank, turn around and run back down. It was still raining......
 
129 miles now and 339 days to go.

No comments: