Sunday 9 September 2012

Day Nine - Yorkshireman Off-road Marathon

Second time running this race and today was much harder! The race starts at Howarth and tours the local moors, about 3,000ft of ascent in all I think, including the first 1,000 straight from the start, then last 1,000 the climb to the finish (at least that's what it felt like).

Lovely sunny day, fantastic views and with a constant breeze on the tops didn't feel too hot. However, I definitely suffered in the heat, the last two hours feeling really drained and I could taste the salt I was losing on my face and see it on the sleeves of my compression top.

Still, completed in 4 hrs 46 mins 24 secs and at the time of finishing was 37th out of 250 entries. So NBNB.

That was marathon number 25 and my 55th race of 26.2 miles or longer.

Day nine complete. 256 days to go. 55.4 miles accumulated.

Not sure what running I'll do this week, I need to write a new schedule which will take in the Royal Parks Ultra, Coventry Half Marathon and the Brecons Ultra.

No comments: