Saturday 8 September 2012

Day Eight

parkrun this morning with daughter Emma. She was happy for me to run my own race, but when I pointed out it was PB weekend (for every 5 seconds accumulatively 'smashed', Adidas are donating 2 pence to their partner charity Breakthrough Breast Cancer in aid of Breast Cancer Awareness Month - doesn't sound alot, but there are thousands of parkrunners out there every Saturday!) she decided to go for another record run.

Target was 26:55, five seconds inside current PB so we set out aiming for 5:23 per km and went through km one in 5:29. Emma responded to this by racing up the 'hill' and clocking 5 mins for km 2. Unfortunately I messed up the splits on my watch (I pressed the wrong buttons...) so we were now winging it a bit re actual time but we think Emam ran @ 5 mins per km for 3 and 4 as well and 5:20 for km 5 (we had to do a bit of walking as she felt sick!).

Anyway, we crossed the line in 26 minutes dead, a whole 60 second improvement on her PB. Cool!

So that was day eight. 357 days to go. 29.2 miles completed.

No comments: