Thursday 25 April 2013

Day 237 - late night running

Long, long day today, starting at 6:20 this morning with a 2.5 mile cycle to the local station to catch the train into leeds and then off to London.

Lovely sunny day in the capital, just like Sunday, and a very pleasant ride across town from Kings Cross to Petty France where our office is. Long meeting then back on the bike.

Had a bit of time to spare so took a small detour to find a bike shop I'd once used when I got a puncture cycling home from Great Portland Street to Charlton, it's somewhere near Great Ormond Street Hospital.

I went there today as my three speed hub gear wasn't engaging second gear. Anyway, I found it and they fixed it and they didn't charge, but I also learnt how to line up the tensioning chain to set the gear's right. London's so cool, the bike mechanic was German with multiple piercings and braided hair and, of course, rides a Brompton, just what you want to get your bike fixed!

Once back to Menston station it was a quick cycle home, change, out for a run, then collapses. 9:15 pm!

Two more miles run, 1,314 in total.

No comments: