Sunday 28 April 2013

Day 240 - Epilepsy Action Bradford 10k

This race had to be postponed because of the big snow fall we had a month back and was only really in my schedule because 1. I set it up when I worked for Epilepsy Action! and 2. It was ideally timed as pre London speed work. So I was a bit unsure how to approach today's race, not least as I'd felt a bit stiff towards the end of yesterday's parkrun which I put down to post London recovery not being complete.

In the end I decided on a 38:30 target and paced 3:51 kilometre speed. And, the race went well. I felt pretty good, got settled into nice rhythm, over took other runners towards the end and didn't get passed and ran across the line to record 38:26.

I was very pleased with that as it meant I'd beaten my target for the day, but even happier when I got home to find out that it was actually a PB for the Bradford course and my second fastest 10k of all time. Not bad for a race I had no real plan for and only a week after running an OK time at the London Marathon.

So, a very satisfying result and six more miles added to the 365 tally which means I've now run 1,328 miles since 1st September 2012.

No comments: