Monday 31 March 2008

Day 2 Stage 2 - Paul's version

Just when I thought it was safe to sign off and go to bed, got another email from Paul, this one sent today, received today, so things are speeding up....


Bonjour! Well, I recovered well last night, feeling much better after emailing you (thanks for yours, got them at 7pm last night) and ate all my food and drink, almost properly hydrated this morning, with urine no longer loooking like an oak aged chardonnay! Today I ran much better - 5 hrs 15 I think for 38 k. I did more walking inclines and sand and every 45 mins walked while I ate, took salt tablets and drank. It must have worked because I came in just ahead of Sharon Gaytor - oh yeah, deresrt running, bring it on! It was well hot today, no cloud no breeze and 40 degrees, same forecast for tomorrow, which looks like hell consisting mostly of dunes....Feet holding up, 2 small blister which I got treated at doc trotters (me being sensible). They sliced them, drained then and then injected iodine.....ouch! 40 k tomorrow, so off to rest and chomp through my rations. Hope all is well at home, missing you both loads but being entertained by my tent mates - its WHW + Call Chall...bye XXXXXXX

1 comment:

Phil Robertson said...

We're really enjoying the updates. Well done to Paul for the running and Pamela for the information! Sounds like you're doing brilliantly well.

Good luck for the rest of it!