Monday 3 March 2008

Training - 5 miles fully loaded

First run out tonight with full front and back pack and it seemed to work OK. Only main bit of kit missing was my sleep mat, but that's just bulky rather than heavy.

Also sorted the bouncing front pack problem by using what is essentially a luggage strap as a belt. This kept the front pack firmly in place but I rather think that if I used that as it is for 150 miles in the desert then I'm going to end up getting sliced in two. So, just need to find some sort of padding, especially around my hips, the sort of thing you get on seat belts in suped up cars....only smaller.

Also carried two full Raidlight bottles. Adding the aquarium valves really does work, they are so much easier to drink from, but I do need to glue them - water kept on leaking out!

Still, a satisfying run out. Rest day tomorrow.

No comments: