Saturday 22 March 2008

Kit

Quite a bit of kit messing around today.

I think I've finally got all the Velcro attached, and no bits came loose on my 3 mile run out this evening. This is what the shoes look like, Velcroed and with one sand gaiter attached:


I also made a wind shield for the stove this morning. This is made out of foil bubble, stapled on one edge and I've insert a tent peg on one side to use as an anchor. The water did boil alot more quickly, an effect I'm sure of the foil reflecting back the heat.

Pamela then helped sort out the leaking 'non-returnable' valve problem, spotting the ideal piece of kit in a pack of 'Foam Frenzy' at the craft section in the local garden centre! Tested it on my run this evening and no leaks! Will pack some spares in case these come off, but no weight penalties!

Emma then helped me to pack up my food, each day's supplies in a sealable freezer bag. That way I don't need to think about what I'm supposed to have or what's left to eat up! I just need to buy one more Granola bar for day 7.

No comments: