Monday 17 March 2008

Training - 9 miles

OK, so not quite taper miles but I still want to put a few miles on these new shoes - this now makes 26 miles. Maybe just one or two runs to add....

Did this circuit with full kit, including full water bottles and felt really good. Even ran most of the mile long, one in eight hill at the start of the circuit (Otley, Carlton, Yeadon, Guiseley, Menston, home). Infact, I felt like I wanted to be out there, in the desert, and near the end of stage one. Weather was a bit different though, bright and cold, but a fabulous sunset.

I am also officially an idiot..........no comments please. Having said the strap keeping the front pack in place would cut me in half....well, I haven't got round to looking for any padding and, it cut me in half. OK, not quite literally but I did yell like a boy when the hot water of the shower entered the welt on my side.......really do need to get that fixed.

Otherwise, a very satisfying and encouraging run!

No comments: