Thursday 20 March 2008

Training - 5 miles

Short easy run tonight but again with full pack. This time I was running wearing a weight lifters belt (a light weight one obviously, infact a simple wide belt of neoprene). It certainly does the job though, no slicing in two and if I do get any back problems then it can only help - thanks to Steve for thinking of this solution and posting on the belt!

My only slight concern is that it may get very hot. But then its going to be hot anyway so, tough!

Only other thing to report is that one strip of Velcro came loose, but the rest are still in place and still seem to be holding out.

Not much more running now, but need to do more Velcro gluing, construct a wind shield for my stove out of foil bubble and attach the sleep mat to my back pack - somewhere...oh, and work out how to stop the non-returnable valves fitted to the Raidlight bottles from, well, returning....

No comments: