Saturday 15 March 2008

Training - 7 miles

First run this week on Friday since Barry 40, mainly due to an upset stomach which has not been pleasant.

However, felt OK yesterday and set out to do the 7 mile loop via Pool Bank. Had to walk the hill though as my stomach complained at the extra effort, but otherwise went OK.

Also ran for the first time in my new Adidas Supernova Trails - in lovely grey and orange...hmmmmm. These are a size 10 1/2, one half size bigger than normal to accommodate swelling feet in the desert. I was a bit nervous about running in them but with a pair of Sealskinz as well as my Fastrax socks they were actually OK. The Sealskinz did make my feet feel hot though, so might need to revise this strategy for the desert.

I also had Velcro stuck round the sole of my shoe sand only one bit came off, so a useful test. Luckily that piece stuck to my socks so I can reapply it. In case you are wondering, the Velcro is for attaching my sand gaiters...!

No comments: